Welcome to my ultimate collection of weight loss tips that can help you lose weight fast (as proven by modern science).
And while it's true that some of these tips CAN deliver extremely fast weight loss results, I did some of this stuff just to show what's actually possible.
In other words, not everything you are going to see here is 100% SAFE for you to do.
(I'll warn if something is risky many times over...I suggest you follow my advice and never try some of the more extreme stuff.)
That being said, most of what I cover in my science based guide on how to lose weight as fast as humanly possible, is safe.
But before we dive in, take a quick look at the roadmap for this guide (an use it to quickly navigate my collection of fast weight loss tips):
Dehydrate your body to lose up to 20 lbs (9 kg) in one day.
Yes, dehydration can be used to lose weight extremely fast, but it's also extremely dangerous.
And while I have personally proven it's possible to lose almost 20 pounds (9 kilograms) in one day, I only did this as a demonstration.
I have proven the human body can lose a lot of weight really, really fast, even when you're hardly losing any of that stubborn body fat at all.
So go ahead, find out exactly how I used science to lose almost 20 pounds (9 kilograms) in one day, but DO NOT REPEAT what I did under any circumstances.
Get rid of glycogen to lose up to 10 lbs / 5 kg in one day.
Another weight loss tip that can help you lose weight fast, is to get your body rid of glycogen (and all the water weight bound to it).
Science has proven it's possible to lose as much as 10 pounds (5 kilograms) of weight if you simply wipe out your glycogen reserves.
To see how to pull this off in just a few hours, read my science based guide to glycogen and weight loss.
Eat less sodium to lose up to 4 lbs / 2 lbs in two days.
Eating less sodium is another quick and easy way to lose some extra weight fast.
I have done an personal weight loss experiment with sodium and managed to lose 4 pounds / 2 kilograms in two days.
(Though the whole thing could be done a lot faster with exercise.)
For more details on how sodium can help you lose weight (or make you gain some), check out my guide to sodium and weight loss (the guide includes a personal sodium weight loss experiment).
Do a muscle sparing fast to lose up to 2 lbs / 1 kg a day.
Muscle sparing fasting is a science-based weight loss diet that can help you laser-target your body fat WITHOUT destroying any of your lean body mass in the process.
According to modern science , you can use muscle sparing fasting to lose up to 2 pounds (1 kilogram) PER DAY.
Read my science based guide to doing a muscle sparing fast for weight loss to start burning off that stubborn body fat right away.
Do a water fast to lose 1.6 lbs / 0.7 kg per day (or more).
Water fasting is easily one of the fastest weight loss methods on the planet.
Science has proven water fasting can help you lose 1.6 pounds (0.7 kilograms) per day.
(That's the average weight loss result they got in the study, with a couple extra weight loss tricks, you can do a lot better).
If you're interested, then check out my advanced, science based guide to water fasting for weight loss.
Drink more water to easily lose 5.3 lbs / 2.4 kg per year.
This is a very little-known fact, but science has proven that something as simple and natural as drinking water can help you burn around 96 extra calories a day.
And believe me when I say that this is one of the EASIEST ways you can ever find that can actually help you lose weight quickly.
For more details on how to pull this one off, go to my science based guide to drinking water for weight loss.
Let's get on with one of the rare few weight loss supplements that have ever been proven to work for fast weight loss by modern science.
Take caffeine to lose 8-16 lbs (4-7 kg) of body fat a year.
Millions of people worldwide are consuming caffeine on a daily basis, mostly to wake up properly.
But caffeine is also (easily) the world's most widely used weight loss supplement.
Science has proven long ago that caffeine can help you burn away between 80 and 150 calories per day.
For more actionable information on how to benefit from this in real life, follow guide to taking caffeine for weight.
Drink green tea to lose 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg) in just 8 weeks.
Science has proven that green tea can actually help people lose weight faster.
More precisely, the people in the study lost 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg) of body weight in 8 weeks on average.
(That's total body weight - not all of which was body fat, of course.)
So on top of whatever else you decide to do, drinking green tea could be a smart thing to do.
(As long as you don't overdo it - green tea does contain caffeine, after all).
For more details on how to enjoy this major benefit of green tea, check out my science based guide to speeding up weight loss with green tea.
Drink oolong tea to lose up to 7 lbs (3 kg) in 6 weeks.
Drinking oolong tea is another easy weight loss tip that can help you lose weight fast(er).
(And just like green tea, oolong tea contains caffeine, so be careful how much of it you drink.)
Science has shown that oolong tea can burn 79 calories per day.
For more details on how to lose weight faster with oolong tea, read my science based guide to speeding up weight loss with oolong tea.
Eat fiber-rich vegetables to lose 5 lbs / 2.5 kg in 2 days.
Surprisingly, some fiber-rich vegetables can help you lose weight fast NO MATTER how much of them you eat.
I'v personally proven eating low calorie vegetables that are rich in fiber is one of the easiest ways you can use to lose 5 pounds / 2.5 kilograms in under 2 days.
For more details on this, visit my science based guide on how to lose 5 pounds in 2 days or faster.
Exercise at the perfect pace to lose weight even faster.
It doesn't really matter if you're into walking, jogging, running, cycling or swimming.
You'd do yourself a huge favor if you learned how to always exercise at a pace that will maximize your weight loss results.
In other words, this will help you to burn off the maximum possible amount of body fat during each and every one of your workouts.
You can find the step by step instructions on how to exercise for fastest possible weight loss in my guide to exercising at the optimal fat burning heart rate.
Use thermogenesis in your body to speed up weight loss.
Exercise also triggers something called thermogenesis, which boosts the amount of calories you burn away even when you're not exercising.
There are many other ways of boosting the thermogenesis in your body, so if you're interested, you can read all about what thermogenesis is.
And more importantly. how you can use thermogenesis to skyrocket your own weight loss results.
Pick a weight loss diet that actually works
Countless weight loss diets promise quick, even overnight weight loss results and the funny thing is, a lot of those diets can actually deliver. But just because the number on the scale drops by a couple of pounds doesn't mean you've actually lost much body fat.
Cabbage soup diet
The cabbage soup diet is one of the rare few diets that allow you to eat as much as you care for. The problem is your entire food plan will include just one recipe, cabbage soup. If you can eat cabbage soup day in and day out, then you'll definitely want to find out what kind of weight loss results can realistically be expected on the cabbage soup diet.
Eat the right types of "fat burning" foods
Here's a couple of foods you need to eat (or stop eating) to get the best possible weight loss results. From superfoods to oils, from artificial sweeteners to salt, find out how big of an impact the foods you eat have on your weight loss efforts.
I have actually taken some heat in the past because I'm not a fan of using chia seeds for weight loss. I never claimed chia seeds can't be a part of a healthy diet, but I do stand by my claim that when it comes to weight loss, far better alternatives exist to chia seeds. Take a look at my (science-based) arguments here: 5 reasons why chia seeds can't help you lose weight.
Flaxseed is so incredibly full of fiber, and science has proven that fiber can help your digestion and keep you fuller and satisfied longer. On top of that, flaxseed contains the healthy kind of fats. But in spite of all these benefits, the inevitable question still poses itself: can flaxseed actually work for weight loss?
Coconut water has been gaining in popularity lately, both as a sports drink and as a "weight loss friendly" drink. Even some big celebrities have put their names behind coconut water. But all hype aside, coconut water CAN be a double-edged sword when it comes to weight loss.
Should you include watermelon as a part of a healthy weight loss diet, or will all that fruit sugar sabotage your weight loss efforts? Here's everything you need to know about using watermelons for weight loss in a smart way.
Pick weight loss supplements that actually work
With countless weight loss supplements on the market, you'd do well to check the science on any of them before you actually part with your hard earned money. Here's a couple of science-based guides that can help you out:
Wouldn't it be nice if you could eat loads of fattening junk and simply use an "absorption blocker" to prevent all those calories from ending up in your body fat stores? Chitosan is one of the highly popular weight loss supplements that can supposedly prevent the fats in your food from entering your bloodstream. This sounds great on paper, but can chitosan actually boost weight loss results in real life?
If you're considering taking a CLA supplement for any of its health benefits (including weight loss), but you also want to consider and risks, then you should definitely read through my guide to CLA.
Use these advanced weight loss tips to lose even more weight
1. If you're ready to boost your fat loss rate, then you're ready to try any of these actionable, science based weight loss tips:
2. If you think it's impossible to lose weight while eating a lot of food, then you'll love this weight loss tip. Granted, I have taken things to the extremes in my personal weight loss experiment, but I did it only to demonstrate that weight can be lost quickly even while eating huge amounts of food.
3. Raw foods have been gaining a lot of attention lately, pretty much like superfoods. But when it comes to weight loss, you need to know not all raw food diets are created equal. Some of them could actually make you gain weight. Read more about what kind of a raw food diet can actually help you lose weight.
4. The information on using fruit for weight loss can be quite confusing. How can fruits be so healthy, if almost all the calories they contain come from simple sugars (those are the absolute worst kind when it comes to weight loss)? Well, just like sugars, not all fruits are created equal. Go here to find out which fruits can work wonders for weight loss.
5. Feeling guilty after falling off the wagon feels like the most natural thing in the world. But only a handful of people understand why you need to stop feeling guilty after eating something forbidden (no matter how hard or how often you've fallen off the wagon).
6. Exercise can put a lot of stress on your body, and could lead to some nasty injuries, especially if you've been inactive for a long time. I was once obese, so I can give you first-hand advice on how to start exercising for weight loss if you've got a "ton" of weight to lose (or are extremely out of shape).
7. If you've heard lifting weights can give you a calorie-burning advantage because you'll be carrying around more muscle mass, then you'll definitely want to find out how many calories does muscle tissue actually burn.
8. Protein, carbohydrates and fats are the three major components of our diets. Each of these three macronutrients has a different effect on weight loss. Fats and carbohydrates (especially simple sugars) aren't really going to be doing you any favors. But because protein just might, I have compiled a list of top 10 high protein foods that can help you lose weight.
Last, but most certainly not least, the most powerful tool on your weight loss journey is your mind. So here's just a small sample of how you need to change your mindset if you keep feeling guilty after eating something forbidden.
1. Kreitzman SN, Coxon AY, Szaz KF. Glycogen storage: illusions of easy weight loss, excessive weight regain, and distortions in estimates of body composition. Am J Clin Nutr 1992;56:292S-3S.
2. Mancini M, Longo K, Esposito I, Pauciullo P. Drastic Calorie Restriction for the Treatment of Massive Obesity. J Obes Eat Disord 2016;2:1-3.
3. Runcie J, Hilditch TE. Energy provision, tissue utilization, and weight loss in prolonged starvation. Br Med J 1974;2:352-356.
4. Boschmann M, Steiniger J, Hille U, Tank J, et al. Water-induced thermogenesis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003;88(12):6015-9.
5. Dulloo AG, Geissler CA, Horton T, Collins A, et al. Normal caffeine consumption: influence on thermogenesis and daily energy expenditure in lean and postobese human volunteers. Am J Clin Nutr 1989;49(1):44-50.
6. Basu A, Sanchez MJ, Leyva M, Wu M, Betts NM, Aston CE, et al. Green tea supplementation affects body weight, lipids, and lipid peroxidation in obese subjects with metabolic syndrome. J Am Coll Nutr. 2010;29:31-40.
7. Rumpler W, Seale J, Clevidence B, et al. Oolong tea increases metabolic rate and fat oxidation in men. J Nutr 2001;131:2848-52.