If you're a passionate food lover who hates exercise, you'll love the weight loss tips I've collected on this page.
I'll keep adding highly actionable, science based advice here in the future, so make sure to bookmark this page and return to it when needed.
Before we get started, here's a quick overview of everything you can expect to learn from this article:
Let's kick things off with one of the most frequently asked questions in the entire weight loss industry...
How to lose weight fast?
One of the fastest ways to quickly lose some weight is to do a water fast for weight loss.
If you hate the idea of suffering through some strict weight loss diet for weeks (and get mediocre results), then water fasting is perfect for you.
If you have no problem with putting yourself through some rough days to get some quick weight loss results, then water fasting is exactly what you need.
And since we're up that alley already, maybe you'll also want to take a look at exactly what I did to lose almost 20 pounds in a single day.
Now, let's take a look at some of the more reasonable weight loss methods.
Weight loss and exercise
With countless options available, most people decide between some form of cardio exercise and weight lifting (the smartest of them do a combination of both).
What about more specific forms of exercise? How well do they fare in the weight loss department?
- Walking is a highly underestimated form of exercise, but it can be especially effective if you have the time to build up to some serious walking bouts (which is something I'd heartily recommend to any overweight individual).
- Besides walking, swimming is another awesome example of a "low-impact" form of exercise (meaning that the risks of injury are incredibly low).
- Burn off the absolute maximum amount of body fat during just about any type of exercise by learning how to always exercise at the optimal fat burn heart rate.
But you know how they say (and I couldn't agree more) the best type of exercise is the one you actually do.
Exercise also triggers something called thermogenesis, which boosts the amount of calories you burn away even when you're not exercising. There are many other ways of boosting the thermogenesis in your body, so if you're interested, you can read all about what thermogenesis is and how it can be used to boost your weight loss results.
Weight loss diets
Let's kick things off with a couple of little-known tips on dieting for weight loss.
Countless weight loss diets promise quick, even overnight weight loss results and the funny thing is, a lot of those diets can actually deliver. But just because the number on the scale drops by a couple of pounds doesn't mean you've actually lost much body fat.
Cabbage soup diet
The cabbage soup diet is one of the rare few diets that allow you to eat as much as you care for. The problem is your entire food plan will include just one recipe, cabbage soup. If you can eat cabbage soup day in and day out, then you'll definitely want to find out what kind of weight loss results can realistically be expected on the cabbage soup diet.
I wish I could say things can get weirder than the tapeworm diet, but I really can't think of an example. The idea of having a "friendly" parasite inside your body that helps you digest all those extra calories feels bizarre to say the least.
Weight loss foods
Here's a couple of foods you need to eat (or stop eating) to get the best possible weight loss results. From superfoods to oils, from artificial sweeteners to salt, find out how big of an impact the foods you eat have on your weight loss efforts.
I have actually taken some heat in the past because I'm not a fan of using chia seeds for weight loss. I never claimed chia seeds can't be a part of a healthy diet, but I do stand by my claim that when it comes to weight loss, far better alternatives exist to chia seeds. Take a look at my (science-based) arguments here: 5 reasons why chia seeds can't help you lose weight.
Flaxseed is so incredibly full of fiber, and science has proven that fiber can help your digestion and keep you fuller and satisfied longer. On top of that, flaxseed contains the healthy kind of fats. But in spite of all these benefits, the inevitable question still poses itself: can flaxseed actually work for weight loss?
Coconut water has been gaining in popularity lately, both as a sports drink and as a "weight loss friendly" drink. Even some big celebrities have put their names behind coconut water. But all hype aside, coconut water CAN be a double-edged sword when it comes to weight loss.
Should you include watermelon as a part of a healthy weight loss diet, or will all that fruit sugar sabotage your weight loss efforts? Here's everything you need to know about using watermelons for weight loss in a smart way.
Weight loss supplements
With countless weight loss supplements on the market, you'd do well to check the science on any of them before you actually part with your hard earned money. Here's a couple of science-based guides that can help you out:
Wouldn't it be nice if you could eat loads of fattening junk and simply use an "absorption blocker" to prevent all those calories from ending up in your body fat stores? Chitosan is one of the highly popular weight loss supplements that can supposedly prevent the fats in your food from entering your bloodstream. This sounds great on paper, but can chitosan actually boost weight loss results in real life?
If you're considering taking a CLA supplement for any of its health benefits (including weight loss), but you also want to consider and risks, then you should definitely read through my guide to CLA.
Even though millions of people worldwide are consuming it on a daily basis for other reasons, caffeine is easily world's most widely used weight loss supplement. Caffeine has been proven to be able to help you burn off some of that stubborn body fat. But since caffeine is classified as a drug, the real question is: is using caffeine for weight loss really worth it?
Weight loss tips
If you're ready to boost your fat loss rate, then you're ready to try any of these actionable, science based weight loss tips:
- If you want to drop a couple of pounds really quickly, but without having to rely on dangerous supplements to boost your weight loss results, you'll love to find out exactly what I did to lose 5 pounds in 2 days.
- Oolong tea contains caffeine and "polyphenols". If you're willing to overlook a few health risks (caffeine is classified as a drug, after all), oolong tea actually might be able to help you lose some weight. Take a look at what science has to say about how much weight can oolong tea actually help you lose.
- So far, scientific research has proven quite a few different benefits of green tea for weight loss. If you want to find out how many calories per day green tea can help you burn, how much weight it can help you lose, and how it can help you laser-target that annoying body fat, then read my science based guide to drinking green tea for weight loss.
- If you think it's impossible to lose weight while eating a lot of food, then you'll love this weight loss tip. Granted, I have taken things to the extremes in my personal weight loss experiment, but I did it only to demonstrate that weight can be lost quickly even while eating huge amounts of food.
- Raw foods have been gaining a lot of attention lately, pretty much like superfoods. But when it comes to weight loss, you need to know not all raw food diets are created equal. Some of them could actually make you gain weight. Read more about what kind of a raw food diet can actually help you lose weight.
- The information on using fruit for weight loss can be quite confusing. How can fruits be so healthy, if almost all the calories they contain come from simple sugars (those are the absolute worst kind when it comes to weight loss)? Well, just like sugars, not all fruits are created equal. Go here to find out which fruits can work wonders for weight loss.
- One of the fastest ways to lose weight is to simply stop drinking. Many people use this to "cut" weight before an important competition (or just a day at the beach), but such weight drops are both temporary and unhealthy.
- Feeling guilty after falling off the wagon feels like the most natural thing in the world. But only a handful of people understand why you need to stop feeling guilty after eating something forbidden (no matter how hard or how often you've fallen off the wagon).
- Exercise can put a lot of stress on your body, and could lead to some nasty injuries, especially if you've been inactive for a long time. I was once obese, so I can give you first-hand advice on how to start exercising for weight loss if you've got a "ton" of weight to lose (or are extremely out of shape).
- If you've heard lifting weights can give you a calorie-burning advantage because you'll be carrying around more muscle mass, then you'll definitely want to find out how many calories does muscle tissue actually burn.
- Protein, carbohydrates and fats are the three major components of our diets. Each of these three macronutrients has a different effect on weight loss. Fats and carbohydrates (especially simple sugars) aren't really going to be doing you any favors. But because protein just might, I have compiled a list of top 10 high protein foods that can help you lose weight.
- To find out how staying away from sodium (salt) could help you get rid of as much as 3.9 pounds (1.8 kilograms) of weight in just two days, read all about my personal sodium weight loss experiment.